The Green 10 has written an open letter to the President of the European Parliament, Mr Martin Schulz ahead of the 22-23rd November European Summit on the Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF) 2014 – 2020.
In the letter the Green10 sets out some key issues that could substantially increase the chances of the next MFF delivering on Europe 2020 priorities on:
- Climate action: Ensure that 20% of the next MFF supports climate acti
- Common Agricultural Policy (CAP): Ensure the delivery of public benefits
- Cohesion policy: Put sustainability at the heart of regional development investments
- Ensure that LIFE (Environment and Climate fund) receives 1% of the next MFF
- External dimension: Maintain the Commission’s proposed allocation